Regroup is a HIPAA compliant internet-based therapy allowing client’s and therapist to connect from the convenience of their computers.
Who can utilize this type of therapy?
- Those with limited mobility
- Those with anxiety and depression which makes it difficult to leave the house
- Parents who have babies at home
- Those far from my office
- Those in rural areas with no nearby services
- Those with limited or no means of transportation
Is internet-based therapy confidential?
- Not all internet-based therapy sites can be considered safe and confidential. Many professionals currently use Skype, which is NOT HIPAA compliant.
- HIPAA compliant means that it meets the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act requirements for keeping confidential health information protected.*
*Although HIPAA compliant it is never 100% guaranteed when using internet based tools. It is up to you to determine if you are comfortable using such services with this potential risk. Please see consent form for more details.