Weekend Intensive Yoga Retreat in Essex County – January 2013
Yoga Resolution: A Revolution from Within
Join Laurel Hicks and Gisèle Harrison MSW, RSW, RYT on a retreat will include a combination of yoga, meditation, study, lecturettes, group discussion and periods of silence. Yoga sequences and group discussions will focus on the study and embodiment of the first yama: non-violence; There will be time for journaling, quiet reflection, consultation with the facilitators and opportunities to enjoy the beautiful winter scenery of the retreat house overlooking Lake Erie.
- Quiet the heart-mind through meditation and yoga.
- Overcome barriers to peaceful living through the study of yoga philosophy
- Rediscover innate wisdom & self-expression.
- Improve self-esteem, self-awareness, self-compassion.
- Flesh out the richness of non-violence as it relates to self & others.
- Practice healthy eating & sleeping.
- Practice the basic skills taught in non-violent communication.
- Explore attachments & aversions & learn to live within the limits of enough.
- Let go & surrender to the expansiveness of life.
- Earn continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance
When? January 18-20, 2013
Where? Holy Family Retreat House – Oxley, Harrow, ON
Meals & Snacks Included.
Some extended health plans accepted (check for coverage for Registered Social Workers, often calling is the best way to find out).
To Register: Download the registration form here…. 2013 Yoga Resolution Retreat registration form or Please contact Gisèle or Laurel and we will send you a registration package. Gisèle: giseleharrison(at)bell.net 519-816-2701 and Laurel: laurelmhicks(at)gmail.com 519-564-1326