For every dollar invested in workplace wellness, companies can expect $3 in cost savings or benefits. (Conference Board of Canada)
The evidence shows that when yoga is practiced at work, the physical, emotional and mental tension reducing techniques are immediately transferred to the workplace. Employees will experience an increase in their ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations and have greater energy and enthusiasm for their work. With healthy practices in the workplace, you increase productivity, lower absenteeism, decrease employee benefit costs, and increase your desirability to potential employees.
Yoga is a simple and cost effective way to promote physical activity and improve mental health, and demonstrates leadership in making employee wellness a priority in your business.
Laurel offers on-site, group or individual, yoga lessons to various types of business and organizations around Windsor / Essex County. We are committed to integrating the values and benefits of yoga study and practice into professional life.
Employees come together as a group for a 30 to 60 minute yoga practice in the office, once a week or more. Workplace yoga is a convenient and cost effective way to fit a healthy practice into the workday.
Lead by example. A company committed to the health and safety of their staff understands that it’s good business to invest in the wellness of its employees.
Bottom Line Benefits
Stress is the number one reason for absenteeism according to Statistics Canada
- Burnout costs Canadian businesses an estimated $12 billion every year in health claims, lost productivity and absenteeism
- Job stress creates up to 60% of employee absenteeism
- For every $1 invested in workplace wellness, a company can expect $3 in cost savings or benefits
Benefits for Employees
- Improves concentration, decision-making skills and ability to multi-task
- Reduces multiple costs of stress-related illnesses and absenteeism
- Improves employee alertness and productivity and ability to react more calmly in demanding situations
- Relieves head, neck and back strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, insomnia, high blood pressure and work-related injuries from repetitive motion and/or lifting and moving objects
- Creates better customer service
- Enhances employee attitude and outlook
- Promotes well-being in the workplace and reduces employee turnover
Benefits of Yoga
Several studies have shown the physical and mental benefits of yoga, including:
- Improved body flexibility and balance
- Improved cardiovascular endurance
- Enhanced overall muscular strength
- Weight control
- Increased energy levels
- Enhanced immune system
- Relief of stress
- Prevention and relief from stress-related disorders
- Intellectual enhancement
Cost Savings Possibilities
Health is Wealth
It’s as simple as that. When we are healthy, we are better able to face challenges and give our best to whatever endeavor we undertake.
Recent research indicates that companies who offer yoga and wellness programs to their employees reduce their annual health insurance premiums, and thereby improve their bottom line. According to a recent study on worksite health programs, corporations realized $3-$6 in savings for every $1 invested in wellness programs. The same study showed more than a 25% average reduction in health-care costs for well-designed programs (American Journal of Health Promotion).
How it works
- Classes can be scheduled before/after work or during lunch
- Designed for all levels (beginners through advanced)
- Classes are typically 1 hour (shorter classes can be offered if needed)
- Sign on for 8 to 12 week sessions
- Groups of any size (depending on space available)
- Waiver forms are sometimes used if liability is concern
What your Company Can Do?
Scenario 1: Company subsidizes yoga classes for their employee
Scenario 2: Company partially pays for yoga class
Scenario 3: Employee pays for yoga class
- Practicing Yoga since 1998
- Registered Experienced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 200)
- Teaching Yoga since 2005
- Certified yoga teacher through Jonny Kest Center for Yoga 200hr Teacher Training program
- Certified Prenatal Yoga Teacher through Janice Clairfield
- Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training with Seane Corn
- Teaching Assistant for Internationally renowned yoga teacher Seane Corn at Midwest Yoga conference and Toronto Yoga Show
- Provides specialized prenatal / postnatal yoga teacher trainings in Ontario and Michigan to new teachers.
Contact Laurel at 519-564-1326 or laurelhicksyoga@gmail to find out how corporate yoga can help you.